• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Menzi Walking Excavator - Best Video Ever!

BrianHay

Ok here they are :)

Attachments

• IMAGE_00032.jpg
    IMAGE_00032.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 987
  • IMAGE_00040.jpg
    IMAGE_00040.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,040
  • IMAGE_00041.jpg
    IMAGE_00041.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 845

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
I posted this on another thread or farther back in this one ,but i agree they did a great job refurbished your machine.Didn't you say it had around 6000 hour.Looks like new.

Or at least it did:)

As far as moving it,you will have to try and get your own truck,but i know just starting out you can't have everything.I'm sure you know that.

There always those words.I need, i need !!!!!!!! Just remember them. Again nice machine.Good luck:usa

Construct'O

Occupation
I give up:confused: what was you doing.I think i would have the packers guys going ahead of me.Just in case.

What brand is your spider machine.The boom on it looked more on the excavtor type,compared to Brains.

Also thinks for sharing the:cool2 pictures.Keep them coming:usa

AllMtnConst.

Occupation
Self Employed
The spyder in the photo is a kaiser s2 knickfuss 4x4 from AIS construction. The other photos are from constructing a ski lift over the snow to minimize impact to the environment. We built a new ski lift on the back side of Arapahoe Basin, Co. I climbed up the front side of the ski area, to the summit 12, 472 feet, then dropped down the backside to dig tower footings over the snow. The snow cats were keeping the snow packed in front of us so we would not sink out of site. I built a spreader bar so three snowcats could assist me back up to the summit after the job was completed.:drinkup

BrianHay

I have nothing but good things to say about our dealings with Kaiser buying this machine. They far above and beyond to be sure we would be happy with it. Last I looked at the hour meter I think it had 6657 hours and it looks, feels and operates like it's new.
We want to get a truck as soon as we can but for now I have to find someone for our regular moves. It would be nice to find someone to use regularly on the Island and the main land.

Those pics are incredible AllMtnConst. !!

Both machines are Kaiser machines Construct'0 but the S2 is newer. Mine is a TurboStar, the previous series.

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
While we're on the subject of ski hills and such, for those that have not been in a snow cat, if you're given an opportunity to go out for a night, do it. Scariest crap ever, I've done some insane stuff with an excavator, but if you get with the right guy in a snowcat it'll be a white knuckle night. Those guys are nuts and those machines will go just about anywhere.

BrianHay

Cool video, I didn't watch the whole thing though. I have a really slow dial up connection. I want one of those trucks too! Those are awesome.

Construct'O

Occupation
Hi ! Brain
I checked out your website by clicking on your name.I liked your business name.

First off i thought you have a great website,and just want to say this one thing that i would change.Others might like it,but i felt it takes away from your site.

It is the moving letters.The information is good,it's just that it follows you around over the site,it covers parts of your information,unless you move the curser off to one side.I fell it distracts from you other information.

If you could set it at the top and have it run across the top of your site like a bill board i feel would be better.

Please don't take this the wrong way,again just my feeling.Hope it helps get you work.Great job all and all !!!!!!!:usa

BrianHay

Thanks for the compliments Construct'O and I appreciate the feedback. Your the second to say that you don't like the words. I tend to forget they are there because I use Firefox now and they don't show up for me. They just say "Nothing is out of reach". It says that under the heading too so I think I will take it out. My site changes almost daily. It has become a very time consuming hobby but I enjoy it. Any more feedback would be welcomed.

BrianHay

All that work on my website paid off today. I start a project with Hazco on the 11th. They found my website searching the net. It's a contaminated site excavation on Vancouver Island. The site is all steep slopes and rocky outcrops :D

Between now and then though I can't believe no one has taken me up on my offer to work the machine in exchange for a ride to the Island. Anyone who frequents this site knows how much I love our toy. Get it on site and just try and get me to stop working it if I have nowhere else to take it :rolleyes: I would of thought anyone with a truck would jump on that :beatsme I know I would. Oh well, I will give it a couple more days and if no one is interested I will start calling around and book a move with the next available truck in the area.

Construct'O

Occupation
I would take you up on it ,but we are quite aways a part. Theres a guy on here in Texas, on the dozer posts that could sure use you for a few days.:D

I would at least be kind of looking around for a cheap dependablity truck,just might come across a bargain at the right time.

When i first started i was just rent to own agreement for my first dozer and i bought an old truck and trailer to move it before i owned the dozer.Deopending on someone else to move your machine is always such a pain in you know what.

Maybe the company your going to work with will throw in a ride,altho i know it looks bad to have to ask for a ride,but you never know until you ask.

It's a tuff call some times.Again good luck always good to see someone trying to get ahead.

Okay you fellow country men give Brain a hand,for a job in return.He isn't asking for a free ride now:p!:usa

BrianHay

I'm going out today to look for a truck to hire to move it as well as a truck to buy. It will probably be a little while before we find a truck of our own and get it ready for the road though. We have the cash to pay for a move but I thought if there was someone here that had a truck it would be a good thing for both of us. As I'm sure you know it's normal to charge the customer move in costs so I figured for a guy with a truck to be able to get me for a couple days just for his cost to move it...opportunity like that doesn't present itself every day. :beatsme I'm going to find a spot in Nanaimo close to the hiway that I can park it on display until I'm ready to take it to the job. Best advertising I can think of is getting it out were it will get seen.

I worked for them in the early 90's in Southern Alberta. They are a good company for sure. They are among the highest paying in the industry with great benefits, nice equipment and really treat their people well. I am happy to have the opportunity to work with them, I'm looking forward to it.

BrianHay

Possibly, I meet with them next week to go over the details. But I would still like to get it to the island before then. If they have a truck available and want to move it from wherever I have it when the time comes that would save them paying me to hire someone to do it.

Construct'O

Occupation
Wouldn't Hazco be able to move it around for you? Seems only fair to me.

Okay Ron get off your behind,your not doing anything much right now.Get your big brothers truck and move Brain over to some of your jobs for a couple day then make the trip to the island.

Might do you some good to get away from your confort zone and see what going on in the real world.:beatsme Go for it.Later:usa

BrianHay

It's to late :D I found a good connection and got it all lined up. Loz Logistics in Nanaimo found us someone to move it at a really good price and I found a perfect spot to store it right on the Trans Canada highway.