• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
I wonder how easy it was, to do wheelstands with that rig? I'm surprised the top rear of the cab doesn't show regular contact with whatever was behind it!

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Our new arsehole rich neighbor who I had to put the power in for last year. Over weight, loaded wrong and got a ratchet strap holding the bucket. I surmise around 30/31k lbs back there. Truck 6/7k lbs, trailer 7k lbs, and backhoe 17k lbsOverweight.jpgOverweight1.jpgOverweight2.jpg

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
But it's got a Duramax with a 600hp tune!
I think his son might have that tune since he drives one with a tailpipe tip you could shove a watermelon in and hear a mile away. That would be the dad there that thinks he knows it all and you can't say schit cause in someway you are doing the same thing you are complaining about.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
But it's got "HD" on the door, doesn't that stand for "Heavy Duty"??

Even a dually crew cab Silverado is factory limited to 9000kgs (19836lbs) gross, down here. I hate to think what those single rear tyres are carrying, or how much that rear axle housing is bending - or what kind of pressure those 8 wheel studs each side, are under.

With this kind of abuse, often drivetrain problems don't show up until a few years has gone by, and the second owner is the one trying to figure out why the drivetrain components are failing early.

What happened to this big ol' plate that manufacturers used to screw to the firewall??

Attachments

• Overspeeding-Overloading.jpg
    Overspeeding-Overloading.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 17